Living life as an artist is a practice.
You are either engaging in the practice or you’re not.
— Rick Rubin in his book The Creative Act: A Way of Being
- 100 People Succeeding Is A SignalWhen researching strategies, emphasize patterns over stories. One person succeeding means nothing. 100 people succeeding is a signal. —James Clear
- 100% Passion Or NothingDon’t force yourself to do it. A clear distinction here is things that you think you “should“ do, and things that you must do. For … Read more
- A Book Must Be The Ax That Breaks The Frozen Sea Within UsA book must be the ax that breaks the frozen sea within us. This is what I believe. — Letter from Kafka to his friend … Read more
- A Day Grows Old As We DoA day grows old as we do. Do not wish death upon it. Let it live, let it love, and only then should you let … Read more
- A Day Will Come At Last When I Shall Take The Hidden PathsStill round the corner there may wait A new road or a secret gate And though I oft have passed them by A day will … Read more
- A Good Date Shake Should Be A Little TrashyWe’re using Thrifty ice cream today because…, you could go fancier but I think a good Date Shake should be a little trashy. ⁃ Claire … Read more
- A Good Traveler Has No Fixed PlansA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ― Lao Tzu.
- A Good Traveler Is One Who Does Not Know Where He Is GoingA good traveler is one who does not know where he is going to , and a perfect traveler does not know where he came … Read more
- A Green Skin Growing Over Whatever Winter Did To UsPatient, plodding, a green skin growing over whatever winter did to us, a return to the strange idea of continuous living despite the mess of … Read more
- A Hour Of Thinking Can Save You A Decade Of WorkLife is easier when you know what you want — but most people don’t take the time to figure out what they want. It’s not … Read more
- A Hundred Years From Now?A hundred years from now? All new people. —Anne Lamott
- A Man Is Destroyed By The Duck Nibblings of Nagging, Small Bills, Telephones, Athletes FootA man is destroyed by the duck nibblings of nagging, small bills, telephones, athlete’s foot, ragweed, The common cold, boredom. All of these are the … Read more
- A Man Must Find Time for HimselfA man must find time for himself. Time is what we spend our lives with. If we are not careful we find others spending it … Read more