I’ve always believed in God.
I also think that’s the sort of thing that either comes as part of the equipment,
the capacity to believe,
or at some point in your life,
when you’re in a position where you actually need help from a power greater than yourself,
you simply make an agreement.
— Stephen King
I would say it was too late, but time has stopped meaning what it used to. I don’t mind anymore. I see how things work now, from this side. I was born and I died. I will come back. Somewhere, you see, in the river of time, I am already alive.
— Akwaeke Emezi
- I Waited And Worked To Win Myself LeisureI waited and worked To win myself leisure, Till loneliness irked And I turned to raw pleasure. — — Louis Untermeyer from poem Koheleth
- Go Somewhere You’ve Never BeenEat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock in a mostly empty bar. Go somewhere you’ve never been. Listen to someone you think may have nothing in common with you. Order the steak rare. Eat an oyster. Have a negroni. Have two. Be open to a … Read more
- Life Is Like Arriving Late For A MovieLife is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends. — Joseph Campbell
- If You Get A Chance, Take ItLife is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely … Read more
- Our Life Is Frittered Away By DetailOur life is frittered away by detail … Simplify, simplify. — Thoreau Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand. — Thoreau