Each of us is intoxicated by different things.
There’s intoxication enough for me in just living. Drunk on feeling I drift but never stray. If it’s time to go back to work, I go to the office just like everyone else. If not, I go down to the river to stare at the waters, again just like everyone else. I’m just the same. But behind this sameness, I secretly scatter my personal firmament with stars and therein create my own infinity…
I live always in the present.
I know nothing of the future and no longer have a past. The former weighs me down with a thousand possibilities, the latter with the reality of nothingness. I have neither hopes for the future nor longings for what was…
My past is everything I never managed to become.
— Fernando Pessoa from his book The Book of Disquiet
- Zen Comes Down To Three ThingsZen pretty much comes down to three things: Everything changes, Everything is connected, Pay attention. —Jane Hirschfield
- Zeal Is A VolcanoZeal is a volcano, the peak of which the grass of indecisiveness does not grow. — Kahil Gibran
- Yule Is When The Dark Half Of The Year Cedes To The Light HalfYule is when the dark half of the year cedes to the light half. Known as Solstice Night, Awaiting the rebirth of the Sun God. Bonfires, wassailing crops with toasts of spiced cider a time of madness and awesomeness… — Anujj Elviis
- Your Words Surround You Like FogYour words surround you like fog and make you hard to see. ― Edward ‘Blackbeard’ Teach, Pirate
- Your Time Is LimitedYour time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. -– Steve Jobs