Yule is when the dark half of the year cedes to the light half.
Known as Solstice Night,
Awaiting the rebirth of the Sun God.
Bonfires, wassailing crops with toasts of spiced cider
a time of madness and awesomeness…
— Anujj Elviis
- You Won’t Ever Get Over ItI’ve never been the same since my brother died. There is a melancholy inside me that never goes away. I’m 50 percent happy and 50 percent sad at any given moment. And the only advice I can give people for when you lose someone like that is…you won’t ever get over it. And the more … Read more
- When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn ProWhen the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. — Hunter S. Thompson Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives… and to the “good life”, whatever it is … Read more
- Turn Off, Tune Out, And Turn On Your Life.None of us have the promise of tomorrow. God forbid this is my last day on this beautiful earth, it won’t be spent listening to some news person telling me how rotten we are, how rotten life is, heck no, I’m going out and seeing how beautiful life is. As humans, our time on this … Read more
- Beware Of Looking For GoalsBeware of looking for goals: look for a way of life. Decide how you want to live and then see what you can do to make a living within that way of life. Buy the ticket, take the ride. — Hunter S. Thompson
- Each Of Us Has A Certain Ministry To PerformEach of us has a certain ministry to perform, and we will each have to answer to God for what we have done with that gift. What have you done with the talents God has given you? — David Jones, They Thought They Had More Time: I Saw the Day of the Lord