If you suddenly and unexpectedly feel joy,
Give in to it.
There are plenty of lives and whole towns destroyed or about to be.
We are not wise, and not very often kind.
And much can never be redeemed.
Still life has some possibility left.
Perhaps this is its way of fighting back,
that sometimes something happened better than all the riches or power in the world.
It could be anything,
but very likely you notice it in the instant when love begins.
Anyway, that’s often the case.
Anyway, whatever it is,
don’t be afraid of its plenty.
Joy is not made to be a crumb.
— Mary Oliver, Swan: Poems and Prose
- Stop Worrying About How Much You Matter And Take Advantage Of Your New Freedom
- The End Is Where We Begin From
- Just Relax. It’s Not A White Flag Out The Window
- Lakes And Rivers Are Excellent Teachers
- Thank You Being Born My Daughter
- Lake Havasu Days
- What Seems Set In Perpetuity Can Be Instantly Changed
- Be A Person Of Value
- Seek Out What Makes You Feel Good
- Drink Heavily With Locals