I am losing precious days.
I am degenerating into a machine for making money.
I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men.
I must break away
and get out into the mountains to learn the news.
— John Muir
- Sorrow Prepares You For JoySorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow… Read more: Sorrow Prepares You For Joy
- Do Not Sell Your Soul In Exchange Of AnythingDo not sell your soul in exchange of anything, this is the only thing you have brought into this world and the only thing you can… Read more: Do Not Sell Your Soul In Exchange Of Anything
- But, Do You Miss The Way Those Lies Tasted?You miss his touch, the way his hands held you, the way his lips became one with yours, the way the lust swelled in his eyes… Read more: But, Do You Miss The Way Those Lies Tasted?
- Grieving Is Like Having Broken RibsGrieving is like having broken ribs. On the outside you look fine. But with every breath, it hurts. — Anonymous What is my need for you… Read more: Grieving Is Like Having Broken Ribs
- I Have Just Realized That The Stakes Are MyselfI have just realized that the stakes are myselfI have no otherransom money, nothing to break or barter but my lifemy spirit measured out, in bits,… Read more: I Have Just Realized That The Stakes Are Myself
- The Great Thing Is Not Having A MindThe great thingis not havinga mind. Feelings:oh, I have those; theygovern me. — Louise Gluick from poem The Red Poppy
- We Can ChangeWe can change. People say we can’t, but we do when the stakes or the pain is high enough. And when we do, life can change.… Read more: We Can Change
- Stop Being Jerked Like A PuppetDiscard your misperceptions. Stop being jerked like a puppet. Limit yourself to the present. — Marcus Aurelius
- We Are Well Advised To Keep On Nodding Terms With The People We Used To BeWe are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. — Joan… Read more: We Are Well Advised To Keep On Nodding Terms With The People We Used To Be