It made me realise that maybe I should just do the things I want to do in life.
And maybe it is also an awkward worry—this worry of not being eternal.
Why is it so hard for us to grasp the fact that we don’t live forever, that it has an end?
Maybe it is causing us a lot of trouble while we live that we care so much about ourselves for when we are not alive.
— Balder Olrik
- I Waited And Worked To Win Myself LeisureI waited and worked To win myself leisure, Till loneliness irked And I turned to raw pleasure. — — Louis Untermeyer from poem Koheleth
- Go Somewhere You’ve Never BeenEat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock in a mostly empty bar. Go somewhere you’ve never been. Listen to someone you think may have nothing in common with you. Order the steak rare. Eat an oyster. Have a negroni. Have two. Be open to a … Read more
- Life Is Like Arriving Late For A MovieLife is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends. — Joseph Campbell
- If You Get A Chance, Take ItLife is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely … Read more
- Our Life Is Frittered Away By DetailOur life is frittered away by detail … Simplify, simplify. — Thoreau Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand. — Thoreau