Invest in the millennium.
Say that your main crop is the forest that you did not plant,
that you will not live to harvest.
Say that the leaves are harvested when they have rotted into the mold.
Call that profit.
Prophesy such returns.
Put your faith in the two inches of humus that will build under the trees every thousand years.
— Wendell Berry
And so long as you haven’t experienced
this: to die and so to grow,
you are only a troubled guest
on the dark earth.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Stop Worrying About How Much You Matter And Take Advantage Of Your New FreedomWhether you’re feeling irrelevant from a recent retirement, job loss, relationship change, or another big life event, don’t despair. Stop worrying about how much you matter, and take advantage of your […]
- The End Is Where We Begin FromWhat we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we begin from. — T. S. Eliot
- Just Relax. It’s Not A White Flag Out The Windowhow can we point at a horizon yet still fear death just relax it’s not a white flag out the window it’s my new panties I will never surrender — Caconrad […]
- Lakes And Rivers Are Excellent TeachersEarth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountains, and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books. — […]
- Thank You Being Born My DaughterI don’t know how to help you but please remember. Love you Thank you being born my daughter. — Kim Seong Eun and Cindy Juyoung Ok from poem P. S. Please […]
- Lake Havasu Days
- What Seems Set In Perpetuity Can Be Instantly ChangedOne continuously positive idea I’ve carried from my early years is an ever-expanding notion that the past does not create the present — that what seems set in perpetuity can be […]
- Be A Person Of ValueBack road in Arizona. Photograph by J. McCluskey iphone 6 with iColorama app Try not to become a person of success, but rather a person of value. — Albert Einstein
- Seek Out What Makes You Feel GoodLake Havasu. iphone 12 Pro iColorama app Seek out what makes you feel good and forget the rest. — Story Waters from Medium