I never painted dreams.
I painted my own reality.
I paint self-portraits
because I am so often alone,
because I am the person
I know best.
So absurd and fleeting is our step through this world, that only leaves me at peace knowing that I have been authentic, that I have managed to be the most similar to myself.
— Frida Kahlo
- But, Do You Miss The Way Those Lies Tasted?You miss his touch, the way his hands held you, the way his lips became one with yours, the way the lust swelled in his eyes when he looked at you.… Read more: But, Do You Miss The Way Those Lies Tasted?
- Grieving Is Like Having Broken RibsGrieving is like having broken ribs. On the outside you look fine. But with every breath, it hurts. — Anonymous What is my need for you during the light If I… Read more: Grieving Is Like Having Broken Ribs
- I Have Just Realized That The Stakes Are MyselfI have just realized that the stakes are myselfI have no otherransom money, nothing to break or barter but my lifemy spirit measured out, in bits, spread overthe roulette table —… Read more: I Have Just Realized That The Stakes Are Myself
- The Great Thing Is Not Having A MindThe great thingis not havinga mind. Feelings:oh, I have those; theygovern me. — Louise Gluick from poem The Red Poppy
- We Can ChangeWe can change. People say we can’t, but we do when the stakes or the pain is high enough. And when we do, life can change. It offers more of itself… Read more: We Can Change
- Stop Being Jerked Like A PuppetDiscard your misperceptions. Stop being jerked like a puppet. Limit yourself to the present. — Marcus Aurelius
- We Are Well Advised To Keep On Nodding Terms With The People We Used To BeWe are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. — Joan Didion on the value of… Read more: We Are Well Advised To Keep On Nodding Terms With The People We Used To Be
- I Want to Live Quietly In The Country And Just Be There When You Need MeI hate Hollywood. I don’t want it any more. I want to live quietly in the country and just be there when you need me. I can’t fight for myself any… Read more: I Want to Live Quietly In The Country And Just Be There When You Need Me
- Your Heart Expands When It Is BrokenHere’s a list of things to remember: Time heals. Mountain winds sound exactly like ocean waves. You are worth everything now. Walls can be destroyed. The sun always rises (and is… Read more: Your Heart Expands When It Is Broken
- If He Laughs, He’s A Good ManIf you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don’t bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, of seeing how much… Read more: If He Laughs, He’s A Good Man
- It’s Not Like You Get To A Point Where You’re All Right For The Rest Of Your LifeSometimes you’re doing really well, then, after three or four years, everything inexplicably crashes like a house of cards and you have to rebuild it. It’s not like you get to… Read more: It’s Not Like You Get To A Point Where You’re All Right For The Rest Of Your Life