On good days
there’s light all around us.
On bad days
we’re in the void.
Someday we’ll die
and that, we think, is
the biggest void.
But perhaps, just perhaps,
the place we’re at now
is the void of somewhere else
and in that place,
there’s no void at all.
— Albert Huffstickler, from poem The Void
- If You Get A Chance, Take ItLife is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who … Read more
- Our Life Is Frittered Away By DetailOur life is frittered away by detail … Simplify, simplify. — Thoreau Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be … Read more
- You Won’t Ever Get Over ItI’ve never been the same since my brother died. There is a melancholy inside me that never goes away. I’m 50 … Read more
- When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn ProWhen the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. — Hunter S. Thompson Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, … Read more
- Turn Off, Tune Out, And Turn On Your Life.None of us have the promise of tomorrow. God forbid this is my last day on this beautiful earth, it won’t … Read more