Where there was something and suddenly isn’t,
an absence shouts, celebrates, leaves a space.
I begin again with the smallest numbers.
Quick dance, shuffle of losses and leaves,
only the things I didn’t do
crackle after the blazing dies.
— NAOMI SHIHAB NYE, from poem Burning the Old Year
- I Waited And Worked To Win Myself LeisureI waited and worked To win myself leisure, Till loneliness irked And I turned to raw pleasure. … Read more
- Go Somewhere You’ve Never BeenEat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock … Read more
- Life Is Like Arriving Late For A MovieLife is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without … Read more
- If You Get A Chance, Take ItLife is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. … Read more
- Our Life Is Frittered Away By DetailOur life is frittered away by detail … Simplify, simplify. — Thoreau Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, … Read more
- You Won’t Ever Get Over ItI’ve never been the same since my brother died. There is a melancholy inside me that never … Read more
- When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn ProWhen the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. — Hunter S. Thompson Let us toast to … Read more