We live in a polarized world. We’re going to disagree. Sadly, we’ve all become so convinced that we’re right that we’re unable to carry on civilized conversations and listen to others’ perspectives. We used to be able to disagree and remain friends, but these days, that is often not the case.
I hereby declare this NO DRAMA THANKSGIVING. Simple rules: No drama. No politics. No vaccination debates. And nothing that’s going to destroy the purpose of being together.
If you have to post the rules on the door, so be it.
Of course, do what you wish. But think about this.
What if this is the last time you see your family? Do you want to spend it arguing?
Turn the Other Cheek
There are times when I feel like going to battle, but I bite my tongue. Quite simply, I don’t need to win and I’m unwilling to rock friendships because we are not in sync in some areas. Instead, I seek to find common ground we both love.
Life is too short (proven recently for far too many).
Embrace your differences.
Heal your wounds.
Have a loving and peaceful Thanksgiving.
-Eric Rhoads from his blog Sunday Coffee with Eric Rhoads
- I Waited And Worked To Win Myself LeisureI waited and worked To win myself leisure, Till loneliness irked And I turned to raw pleasure. — — Louis Untermeyer from poem Koheleth
- Go Somewhere You’ve Never BeenEat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock in a mostly empty bar. Go somewhere you’ve never … Read more
- Life Is Like Arriving Late For A MovieLife is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then … Read more
- If You Get A Chance, Take ItLife is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for … Read more
- Our Life Is Frittered Away By DetailOur life is frittered away by detail … Simplify, simplify. — Thoreau Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and … Read more